Reposting, as I got to remind myself of the awesome things 2015 taught me and what I believe we can get by reflecting on the positives of this year 2016
As always, Year-end is a great time to reflect on what you’ve achieved and what you’ve learned, mistakes you’ve made and goals you met and all.
Personally, this year, I became more of who I am meant to be. Not because I reached more goals, or achieved a new level of “success”. Those things happened, but they were by-products of me.
This year was more about letting go of who I thought I needed to be in order to allow the person I am to reflect through.
Here are 9 things I Learnt this year that helped me become more fully myself:
- Life lessons aren’t the same with the normal lessons in college.
- Having real friends and friends are two different things.
- I learned the power of being fully present, alive, and focused in the now.
- I relearned that I shouldn’t judge people by just seeing them.
- We don’t know what we can get from someone by just simply asking.
- I relearned that not everyone will like me, but I (still) don’t need others to like me for me to like myself.
- Friendship and family are the most important parts of our journey of life, for without them we would not be able to express unconditional love.
- Everything is a process — learning how to love myself, inviting more love into my life, surrendering to what is, and learning how to accept where I am instead of thinking I need to be somewhere else is all a big process that is part of the journey that is life.
- Being thankful for everything is the fastest way to feel better.
Here’s to a happy New Year In Advance and creating a beautiful life.
What have you learned in 2016?
I’d love to hear in the comments.